Thursday, September 25, 2008

Writing time

I managed to get a bit of writing done today. Shocking, I know. *wink*

Before you get too excited, I didn't get to work on Scarlet's story, but did get a synopsis written for Books of Bestowal: Destroyer's Hope (title subject to change). I also hand wrote a chapter by chapter outline for aforementioned book. My submission packet is nearly completed and soon I will be ready to walk the road paved with rejections.

I know the road is not easily walked--paper cuts on the feet and all that--but walk it I shall for I know at the end of the road is a contract. And I REALLY want the contract. *grin*

In other news, I get to take my 15 year old son to court tomorrow. Don't panic, he's not in trouble. He received a subpoena to appear as a witness. It's nothing exciting, a protest to a restraining order (writ of protection or whatever they call it) one girl is filing against another girl. These girls used to be friends and we gave them rides to school, but alas, a wall has been built between them and they are bitter enemies.

Not that I don't care about their troubles, but . . . well, I don't! I'm annoyed I have to pull my son out of school tomorrow to appear in court at 2:00 . . . and who knows how long we'll have to be there. *sigh* Why can't we all just get along?

Hopefully my son won't be scarred for life after this experience.  I told him he has to find new friends . . . no more psycho girls. *wink*

I'm pretty much shot for writing time tomorrow, though if I get a chance I will go for it. Hopefully I can get the chapter by chapter outline typed up later tonight.

Write on.

No comments:

Post a Comment