Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Boiling

And here's today's update:

As you can tell from yesterday's post, I intended to allow the new idea to simmer until it reached the boiling point. I figured it would take a couple of days. But as of yesterday afternoon, I am 1,700 words into writing Scarlet's story. Yes, the idea boiled and my fingers couldn't fly across the keyboard fast enough. The only reason there are not more than 1,700 words is because my hands started hurting and I had to stop writing. *frown* But considering I began writing at around noon and stopped just after 2 o'clock p.m. to pick up my kids from school, I'd say it wasn't a bad word count for a couple of hours. *grin*

I spent some more time yesterday choosing names for the rest of the characters and researching other aspects of the story. I am so excited about this idea and it has the possibility of developing into more than one book. The only thing bothering me is the way it stands now, the story doesn't have a "happily ever after" ending. I'm not sure how it will go over with readers. I know stories don't always have a happy ending and it makes me sad that Scarlet won't, but she won't be the person she needs to be if she ends up happy.

After dropping my kids off at school, a friend and I are dog walking. After the walk, I will rush back home to my computer and pick up Scarlet's story again. Hopefully I'll be able to get more than a couple thousand words out today. I don't want to go back to work next week and have the story distracting me so I'm hoping to have the rough draft finished by the end of this week. That's a mighty quick deadline! We'll see if I can do it. *wink*

Now I must get dressed and get my kids moving. Today is picture day for the two youngest and since one of them is a girl, I've got to get hair curled and styled.

Write on (I'm going to).

No comments:

Post a Comment