Friday, September 19, 2008

Choosing between two loves

I had hoped to get some writing done today but it was destined to be a no writing day. My youngest stayed home from school with a fever. I took him to the doctor and he has a virus (of course). He'll be okay, but when he's sick, he tends to CLING. I can't leave the room without him following. When I sat down to write, he leaned on my arm. Ever so slowly, he worked his head down until it lay on the keyboard of the laptop. With his head in this position, he sweetly informed me I needed to close my computer because he couldn't see the TV.


Faced with a choice between two loves, I chose the most important one. I held my son and we watched TV until it was time to get the other kids from school. Hey, they're only young once.

Hopefully I'll get LOTS of writing done tomorrow. I did find time to think about the plot for Scarlet's story and work out a few of the finer plot points in my head. When I had a bit of down time (waiting in the pick up line at the school), I wrote it down. I now have a chapter by chapter synopsis up until chapter 16.

This is new territory for me. My past writing experience has begun with an idea of the main story--where I want to go in the beginning, middle, and end. The subplots, plot twists, etc. come to me as I write them.

I like having a chapter by chapter synopsis and hope to continue this method, but can't guarantee it. *grin*

Now, I'm going to put away the computer and zone out in front of the TV . . . I bought "Made of Honor" on DVD and want to watch it. We'll see how far I get in my writing tomorrow.

 

Write on.

No comments:

Post a Comment