Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Check in

This is the place to check in for Fools of April. How are you doing? Meeting your goal so far?

I haven’t managed to do much work on my revision goal, but I did get my short story analysis rough draft written for my English 102 class. The final draft is due next Tuesday so I’ll be spending time polishing it up, but first I’ll be diving into my revisions today.

When you look at a goal, it can often be overwhelming, especially if you have a goal like, “Revise my MS.” That’s huge! It’s much easier to break it down into much more manageable daily goals.

The revision class I took with Lani Diane Rich was amazing and I’m looking forward to applying what I learned to my MS. The first part of the process is to do a read through. The MS is over 200 pages long so I’ll be breaking it down into more manageable daily goals. I’ve already read through chapter one so today’s goal will be to read through to chapter five. I hope to read more than that, but the kids have half a day of school so I’ll be lucky to make it through to chapter five.

What will you be working on today?

Write on.

No comments:

Post a Comment