Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Wherefore art thou Dora?

If I were a cursing woman, I would do so now . . . as if the original weren't annoying enough, Dora the Explorer is getting a makeover. I thought my kids were out of the Dora phase and now they are trying to suck them back in by making her "grow" with my children who have moved on from Dora adoration.

Though her new look has yet to be revealed, they do have a silhouette of her.

Tween Dora

You can find an article about this travesty here: Dora article

I'm not sure I'm entirely happy about this . . . aren't our children exposed to enough subtle (and not so subtle) sexuality?

A rose by any other name is not as sweet!

Write on?

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy...or maybe oh dear. Looks like she's got big hair and a cheerleader skirt.

    I wonder what would happen if the toy and fashion industry sexualized boys as much as they do girls...I mean really put it out there.

    I want to see tight buns, six-pack abs, broad shoulders, a nice bulge in the right place...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Yeah! Maybe they could beef up Diego a bit too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete