Sunday, March 8, 2009

Novel Novel Review

It's that time again. Here's a quick reminder of my rating system

A+--I thoroughly enjoyed and highly recommend this book. In most cases, I passed it on to my teen.

A--I enjoyed this book and I might pass it on to my teen.

B--I liked this book, but probably won't pass it on to my teen.

C--I thought it was okay, but I won't pass it on to my teen.

D--I didn't like this book, and won't allow my teen to read it.

F--I hope I never have to go here. =D

I will give reasons for my rating in my review, but if you have any questions, please feel free to ask. If you find your book here, don't panic if I rate it below an A. These are my personal preferences and I'm only one small person in a large market. =D

Okay, now here we go.

I can't stop praising this book! Not only did I recommend it to my teen, but I also recommended it to the librarian at my kids' elementary school!

It was my great privilege to receive an ARC of:

THE FARWALKER'S QUEST by Joni Sensel

Rating: A+ (and if I could add a few more plusses, I would =D)

Age level: 9+

When Ariel and her best friend Zeke find a magical artifact, their lives are changed forever. Soon they are on a dangerous journey to discover where the artifact originated. In the process they discover their true callings and forge an unlikely friendship.

Filled with adventure, surprises, and great characters, THE FARWALKER'S QUEST guides the reader one exciting step at a time into a fantastic trip through Ariel's world.

This book has common fantasy elements of a magical artifact and a heroic quest, but Sensel writes in such a refreshing, original way that this book is far from cliché.

I loved THE FARWALKER'S QUEST! From the very first line, I found myself striding into Ariel's story and loving every step. I couldn't stop walking (and sometimes running) until I reached the last page, and even then I wanted to go on.

This is a book I will enjoy stepping into again.

I am especially intrigued with the concept of the Blind War and would love Sensel to guide us back to this time in a new adventure (hint, hint).

 

This book was released February 17, 2009. Walk far, walk long . . . or better yet, run to buy this book.

 

Write on!

No comments:

Post a Comment