Friday, June 2, 2006

Yes, Virginia, there is a blogger!

Well, it may be hard to believe, but there IS still a blogger here. I know I've been lax in posting to my blog. Shame on me! I think I'll have to punish myself . . . let's see, perhaps I should ground myself to my room! Yeah, I like that idea, no phone calls, no children, no housework. *sigh* If only . . . :)

I'd like to say I've been busy writing, and I suppose if I were a liar, I COULD say that. Alas, I believe in honesty so I'll tell the truth . . . I've been lazy! I've done a bit of reading, spent time gazing at my fish, ran to kids' end-of-school programs and activities, and tried to make friends with my new Dwarf Hamster (named Harvey The Wonder Hamster . . . please tell me someone else out there knows where this name originated! Otherwise, I'll feel dreadfully old and nerdish). He's a cute little thing!




But he likes to bite me every time I put my hand in the cage. He's even taken to biting me when he's out of the cage. I get the feeling he doesn't like me. I'd feel bad, but my oldest daughter had him before me and we had to trade (I got her hamster, and she got mine) because he kept biting her (as she is only 6, I felt the need to protect her from this mean little thing) so I know it's not just me. I may have to take him back to the pet shop on Monday if he doesn't behave himself (we got them on Wednesday) and see if I can trade him for a less ferocious model. :-(

Anyway, that's what's been going on . . . I really should keep up with my blogging better! Sorry all!

No comments:

Post a Comment