Here's what it's all about:
If you've read THE FARWALKER'S QUEST by Joni Sensel, you're familiar with Ariel Farwalker and her world. If you haven't read it, get your hands on a copy and get reading!THE TIMEKEEPER'S MOON is Joni Sensel's amazing sequel in which Ariel continues her Farwalking adventures. Because of this, I thought it would be fun to send an ARC of THE TIMEKEEPER'S MOON on a Farwalking trip to visit as many places as it can before its official release date of March 2, 2010.
As a Farwalker, Ariel brings gifts and messages from one place to another, much like our faithful postal workers today. Now you can be a Farwalker's apprentice! Don't worry, you won't have to walk too far (unless you live a long way from a post office and don't have a ride).
How to become a Farwalker's Apprentice
You're eligible to be a Farwalker's Apprentice if:
1. You're over 18 or have your parent's permission to enter (you'll have to give a mailing address to receive an ARC).
2. You've read THE FARWALKER'S QUEST or you WILL read THE FARWALKER'S QUEST before THE TIMEKEEPER'S MOON ARC reaches you.
3. You promise to read THE TIMEKEEPER'S MOON ARC within a week of receiving it.
4. You'll post a review of THE TIMEKEEPER'S MOON on your blog or Amazon.com or Barnes and Noble.com or Goodreads (or similar place).
5. You promise to write your name and location (city and state) in the ARC and mail the ARC to the next person.
6. You'll include an item from your "village" in the package with the ARC. This item can be something to do with your profession or something unique from your home town.
What's the purpose of the village items?
Here's where it gets really fun! Once you send your package with the ARC and village gift, if the person you send it to could "use" (meaning they want it) the item from your village, they'll keep it. If not, they'll send it (along with their added item) to the next person. And so it will go. But to keep it fair, if you decide to keep an item, only keep ONE and send the rest on.
What type of item should I send?
The item should be something small that wouldn't cost a lot to keep mailing out. A blank postcard depicting your hometown/city/etc. would be an example of something from your village. If you're a doctor, a tongue depressor or Band-Aid is an example of something from your profession. Or you can send something from your village that you think another village might be able to use (Joni sent a cool greeting card that has seeds in it). This is intended to be fun, so no sending anything potentially hazardous (if you are a surgeon, please send a rubber glove instead of a scalpel).
How will I know who the next person is?
Once the ARC reaches you (usually within a few days), you'll email me to let me know you've received it (and I'll be emailing you to check if I don't hear from you). I'll post another "contest" to let anyone enter who hasn't already (you only have to enter once to keep your name in the drawings). The name will be drawn from the list of eligible entries and the contact information sent on to you. You'll mail off the package containing the ARC and the item from your village (along with any remaining village items).
How do I enter?
1. Post a link to this contest on your blog, Twitter, Facebook, Myspace, etc.
2. Post a reply in this thread containing the link(s). Each unique place you post about the contest counts as another entry so feel free to link away.
Please leave a valid email address so I can contact you if you win. If I'm unable to get in touch with you (or if you don't respond to the email I send), an alternate name will be drawn.
What if I've already entered?
Lucky you! You don't have to re-enter. Your name and number of links from last time will automatically be entered into the drawing this time.
Can I enter again?
You bet! If you'd like more entries into the contest, post links and comment on THIS post (don't use a previous contest post). This will give you the extra entries you desire.
When does it end?
The drawing will take place one week from today. If your name is drawn, I'll contact you for your mailing address and we'll get the ARC on its way to you (so be sure to leave an email address where I can easily reach you).
We want to get the ARC into as many hands as possible so it's important for you to read the book as quickly as possible and send it on. If you won't be able to read it within a week of receiving it, please don't enter.
Ideally, the apprentice Farwalkers will continue circulating the ARC and items until the release date of THE TIMEKEEPER'S MOON (March 2, 2010) at which time the ARC and any remaining items will be mailed back to me, and I'll mail them back to Joni Sensel. She'll have a great record of the Farwalking journey of her books!