Sunday, December 13, 2009

Novel Novel Review

It's that time again!

Here's a quick reminder of my rating system

A+--I thoroughly enjoyed and highly recommend this book. In most cases, I passed it on to my child/teen.

A--I enjoyed this book and I might pass it on to my child/teen.

B--I liked this book, but probably won't pass it on to my child/teen.

C--I thought it was okay, but I won't pass it on to my child/teen.

D--I didn't like this book, and won't allow my child/teen to read it.

F--I hope I never have to go here. =D

I will give reasons for my rating in my review, but if you have any questions, please feel free to ask. If you find your book here, don't panic if I rate it below an A. These are my personal preferences and I'm only one small person in a large market. =D

I was thrilled when Joni Sensel asked if I'd review the sequel to THE FARWALKER'S QUEST for TeensReadToo.com. I love the characters and world Sensel has created and couldn't wait to dive into THE TIMEKEEPER'S MOON.

Here is my review:

The Timekeeper's Moon by Joni Sensel

Rating: A + (and more)

Category:  Fantasy

The moon calls to Ariel Farwalker and urges her to embark on a quest. Leaving her best friend Zeke behind, Ariel and her guardian journey to new friends and distant lands. Ariel hopes to find the sender of the telling darts, if she lives long enough.

I fell in love with this world and characters in THE FARWALKER'S QUEST. I thrilled at the prospect of reading the sequel, but I did have some nagging concerns. Because the first one blew me away, I feared nothing could compare.

THE TIMEKEEPER'S MOON not only compared, but managed to thrill me even more than FARWALKER. Adventure, excitement, and wonderful new characters greeted me with each page turn.

THE TIMEKEEPER'S MOON pulled me in and kept me moonstruck through the entire novel. When I had to put the book down, I felt the story tugging at my mind and urging me to return. I couldn't get back to it fast enough!

Like THE FARWALKER'S QUEST before it, Sensel has a way of bringing her characters and world to brilliant life, making me wish I could stay immersed in Ariel's story forever. The only disappointment I had was the ending, but only because the book was over.

Whenever I look at the moon, I'll think of Ariel Farwalker and wonder where her feet will lead her next.

Write on.

No comments:

Post a Comment