Thursday, May 21, 2009

Novel Novel Review

It's that time again. Here's a quick reminder of my rating system

A+--I thoroughly enjoyed and highly recommend this book. In most cases, I passed it on to my child/teen.

A--I enjoyed this book and I might pass it on to my child/teen.

B--I liked this book, but probably won't pass it on to my child/teen.

C--I thought it was okay, but I won't pass it on to my child/teen.

D--I didn't like this book, and won't allow my child/teen to read it.

F--I hope I never have to go here. =D

I will give reasons for my rating in my review, but if you have any questions, please feel free to ask. If you find your book here, don't panic if I rate it below an A. These are my personal preferences and I'm only one small person in a large market. =D

Okay, now here we go.

 

Horse Diaries: Elska by Catherine Hapka

Rating: A+

Category: Contemporary

Age Recommendation: 6+

Elska is a horse story like no other. Mainly because this story comes straight from the horse's mouth. That's right; Hapka lets Elska tell her own story.

The book begins with Elska's birth and follows her as she grows and learns the way of an Icelandic mare. Jump into this book and follow this magnificent horse through training, growing, and even a daring rescue.

Reading HORSE DIARIES: ELSKA took me back to my childhood when I read horse books by Marguerite Henry. I have to say, I enjoyed Hapka's story as much today as I would have back then . . . maybe more.

If you have a horse lover in your life, trot on out and pick up a copy of this book for them. I am passing this book on to my nine year old and I'm sure she'll love it. I look forward to future HORSE DIARIES books.

Write on!

No comments:

Post a Comment