Thursday, August 14, 2008

Um . . . yeah

Other than this blog entry and a couple of emails, I didn't get any writing done. I did put lots of bread on the shelves. Bread, Entenmann's, Thomas Bagels and muffins, even some Tia Rosa tortillas.

While I stocked shelves, I dreamed of being home writing . . . well, maybe not so much dreaming of writing, but dreaming of being home for sure. I worked as quickly as I could and was able to finish in time to get the kids from school.

Now, it sounds like I spent all day stocking shelves. But I didn't. The first part of the morning I walked Calypso with my friend C and her dog Chancho. Then I visited with her for a while before coming home to put Calypso back with the other dogs, feeding them, and putting a load of towels in the washing machine. In all truthfullness, I began stocking shelves at about a quarter to twelve. The kids get out at 2:30 so I really only worked for about two hours (minus time driving from one store to the other). I only did Wal-Mart and Safeway so it was about an hour per store. Not bad time, considering.

Anyway, after picking up the kids, I came home and had a little nap. I was TIRED. What do you want from me? My supermom powers are on vacation so I need more rest than usual . . . either that or the cold/allergy I've been fighting is the culprit. So I had about a twenty minute nap before going back to the stores to re-stock the shelves. Why, you ask? Well, people have this habit of buying things off the shelves and if we want to make money, we have to have things on the shelves for them to buy. Crazy, isn't it?

I had hoped to get some writing done tonight after the kids went to bed (about 15 minutes ago) but I'm tired, and after this update I intend to go to sleep.

But I'll think about it tomorrow. "After all, tomorrow is another day" (one of my favorite lines . . . love the movie, too, though the book was better).

My plan is to work on my submission materials tomorrow. We'll see how it goes (and it better go the way I plan . . . darn it)!

And I'm off to get some sleep . . . after I make one more stop to wish my baby sister a Happy Birthday!

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment