Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Are you a Mac or a PC?

I might be splurging on a MacBook Pro!

All my life I've been a PC, but I think I'm ready for a change. Hubby's been telling me for years that Mac is a better computer for the money. He says there are less crashing instances and no viruses. He owned a Mac desktop when we first got married, but I couldn't figure it out (it was an OLD Mac) and didn't find it very user friendly.

When I mentioned I wanted a Mac, hubby stared at me and said, "After all these years and all these computers, you finally want a Mac?"

"Yep," I said. "I've heard good things about the Scrivener program and now that Mac has Word, I'm ready to make the change."

He immediately jumped on the Internet and started showing me all the wonderful shiny MacBooks. What a guy! He wanted to get me one right now, but it would take all our savings. If work doesn't go well, we might need our savings for Christmas. So, we are waiting until January to see if we have enough money. =)

Yeah my laptop still works (in fact, I have two working laptops) and I don't "NEED" a Mac, but I really WANT one so we'll see. =D

This got me wondering what all my friends use and how they feel about their computers. Are you a Mac or a PC? Is your computer a desktop or a laptop?

 

Write on.

2 comments:

  1. My critique partner is forever telling me to get a Mac. I just haven't had the guts to make the change yet. I hate having to learn something new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I've heard several good reports about the Mac, but I've also been hesitant about learning something new so I know how you feel. But I've decided to brave the new Mac world and see how it goes. =D

    ReplyDelete