Saturday, June 27, 2009

Warning: Exhaustion induced post

So as I was browsing the net this morning (I know, I should be doing revisions!) I came across this advertisement:

 

image

 

And I went, "What the heck? Isn't that the picture from My Fair Godmother?" And I pulled out my copy and I was right!

My Fair Godmother

Obviously there are some differences between the pictures, and I'm not sure it's a big deal, but I'm tired and am proud of myself for recognizing the picture in the first place. *grin*

 

And why am I tired? For the last week, I've been kicking it in and working madly on revisions of WaM. I'm also way behind on my reading/reviewing so I've been madly trying to catch up on that as well. I'm still going to work (though for only one more week . . . YAY) so my revising/reading must be done after hours. Therefore, I have stayed up past my bedtime every night this week . . . and sometimes well past midnight (like last night).

The results? I've managed to read four books and begin two more (yeah, I'm reading two books at the same time . . . I'm an idiot), write reviews for two of said books, and I have about thirty pages left to revise in WaM. Oh, and I'm exhausted . . . but it's the good kind of I've-accomplished-something exhaustion.

And it doesn't help that I trimmed the hedges yesterday after work before diving in to revisions . . . now my arms are sore! Yeah, I'm short, the hedges are tall, and the stupid hedge trimmer is HEAVY! So imagine me lifting the trimmer almost above my head and swinging it back and forth for about an hour (hey, I had to pause once in a while . . . did I mention the trimmer is heavy?).

I don't mind trimming the hedges . . . especially since if I don't, I can't see the road when I'm trying to back out of the driveway. I know DH would have gotten around to the hedges eventually, but I was in one of those get-it-done-now-so-you-don't-have-to-keep-risking-your-life-as-you-back-out-of-the-driveway moods. ;-)

Anyway, I must get back to those last thirty pages . . . and then get everything ready to go visit my parents and siblings (we're celebrating the June birthdays) . . . which means getting a cake (S1 turned 16 on the 22nd) and the hamburger/hotdog buns from hubby (our contribution to the meal). And since I've done no housework, I have to wash laundry so we'll have some clean clothes to wear.

What the heck am I doing blogging?

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

 

Write on.

No comments:

Post a Comment