I missed posting yesterday so I’ll throw one up today.
1. The dogs were on crack or something yesterday. They kept running inside and jumping at the gate (sounded like someone was bouncing a ball or something). After being driven insane by that all day, when we brought them inside and locked them in the kennels (that’s what we do at night) all they did was whine and cry. I put them out many times to use the restroom—thinking that was the trouble—and gave them water to drink and everything I could think of (I even sprayed them with a squirt bottle). But they wouldn’t shut up! So I haven’t had more than a couple of hours of sleep. I’m tired.
2. When I went to buy dog food at the pet store, they were out of the brand I usually buy so I bought them some Blue Buffalo. I wonder if that was the reason for the extra hyper-activeness? It might be because one of them is inside jumping at the gate again today. *sigh* They better behave tonight or—yeah, I don’t know what I’ll do. Probably whine and cry and bawl right along with them (and change dog food on Monday).
3. Even though I’m tired, I’m going to try to get a little bit of work done on the rewrite of my MG. Things are going well with it and I’m super excited to be rewriting it. I’ve always loved the story and characters and I hope this rewrite will do the trick (I’ve learned quite a bit since I first wrote it eight years ago).
4. We were going to go to Flagstaff today, but since the dogs kept us up all night, we will probably just stay home. This doesn’t make the kids happy as they wanted to visit grandma and grandpa and eat at Peter Piper Pizza, but that’s the way things go.
5. Because they were up all night too, the dogs slept in this morning—which meant hubby and I got to sleep in a little. Youngest son, JR, came in at about 8:30 to ask if he should get a bath before going to his friend’s birthday party at 10:00. Hubby took pity on me (he got slightly more sleep than me and doesn’t have trouble sleeping during the day like I do) and took JR to buy a birthday present and then to the party. <3 that man!
6. I’m trying to win me some Jodi-mitts so, despite my exhaustion, I spent the morning drawing an entry for the contest Jodi Meadows is having. Check out the details on her blog. The contest ends tonight, but there’s still a little time to enter (you don’t have to draw anything—it gives extra entries—all you have to do is leave a comment on her blog post for an entry). Anyway, here is the drawing I did.
I hope you all have a great weekend!